Saturday, March 29, 2008

French women don't get fat Ratatouille

I read the book and there are many easy, simple, filling recipes that are good for you and can help you lose weight. Ratatouille is my first attempt. Things I would change.
a) peel the eggplant
b) use fresh parsley
c) chicken stock? maybe a cup.

link to book site
Ingredients
3 pounds Each of tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini
12 cloves of garlic
1 bunch of parsley
oil

1. Use equal amounts of tomatoes, eggplant and zucchini. Wash and cut into thick slices
2. lay in a heavy stock pot like Le Crueset pot, arrange as one layer after another.
3. Fill to rim, alternate tomatoes, eggplant, zucchini, garlic and parsley, also salt and pepper
4. cook and cover over low heat for 2.5 hours
5. Cool for 20 minutes. eat like a soup. add olive oil in and grate fresh parmesan cheese

Leftovers
Use and cook with chicken or meat and then on a pizza. I haven't tried this yet.

Verdict

Delicious and healthy! Use fresh veggies, no canned at all.








1 comment:

Hannah Im said...

Looks fantastic and you seem to be very good at the things you are trying out.

I'm cooking the very same ratatouille on my stovetop now.