Sunday, December 17, 2006

Black popcorn

This is not a recipe. I love stove top popcorn. 1.5 cup of raw popcorn and 3 tablespoon of oil (olive is OK, Canola better, coconut delicious).

I went to the fancy rich people kitchen store and saw black popcorn!

(You thought I was going to say black people didn't you.)



It was really called Black Jewel. Hull less popcorn, whatever that means. I have always thought that meant no more popcorn stuck between my teeth. No such thing.

First off, it pops white. Black popped popcorn would indicate some sort of vile mold or disease. But popped, they are the tiniest, puniest, saddest popcorns I have ever seen. Because they pop white, but still have a hint of black, they look burnt.

Terrible! Stay away and return it to the store if you receive this for Christmas.

No comments: