Sunday, December 17, 2006

Chicken Corn Chowder

My favorite website is All Recipes . com. Very good resource for recipes. Well I found one today that was Corn chowder. I had some left over heavy cream from a previous squash soup, so I wanted to use this in a chowder.

5 star recipe! This was very delicious and indistinguishable from the restaurant. When I say restaurant, I mean Cosi which also has very good Corn chowder on Mondays. This is just as good, very easy to make and cheap.

INGREDIENTS

* 2 1/2 cups milk
* 1 (14.75 ounce) can cream-style corn
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
* 1 3/4 cups frozen corn
* 1 cup frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
* 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
* 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
* salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS

1. In a slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.

My changes:
2 pounds of chicken breast and extra corn. I really used 2 cups of fat free milk and half cup of heavy cream. Evens the fat out. Super fantastic, you just plop them all together and put on low for 6 hours or high for 4, but I like low. I didn't even use salt.



http://allrecipes.com/recipe/slow-cooked-corn-chowder/Detail.aspx

No comments: